Work with us
SALES & WHOLESALE MANAGER
Fjord Coffee Roasters Berlin is searching for a dedicated and passionate individual for the position of Sales and Wholesale Manager (full-time).
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about coffee, is systems focused, has a strong understanding of how to scale business growth and maintain customer relationships.
There is a certain type of person that excels at sales, and there is a certain type of person that makes for a great wholesale manager. These are usually at odds with one another but certain people possess both – we are looking for you.
The Sales & Wholesale Manager's primary focus is to grow top line revenue, while the wholesale account manager's primary focus is to ensure a low churn rate by creating happy customers. This position is a dynamic one, with an even focus on both account accrual and account maintenance.
This role involves a lot of time on the road visiting partners, and it's important to understand that face time is a key ingredient in a long and fruitful partnership between our company and our partners.
We approach coffee roasting as a craft, constantly looking to grow our experience and knowledge in order to become the best roasters in Europe. Fjord’s purpose is to facilitate the correlation between high quality coffee consumption and sustainable coffee production, so that the true value of specialty coffee is realised along the supply chain.
Our team is comprised of coffee professionals from across the globe, who share a common passion for sourcing and sharing coffees that educate and inspire. We believe in and maintain a workplace that promotes respect, inclusion, diversity and equal opportunity.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Budget responsibility - target achievement of sales and margins in sales channels
- Active support and development of existing key accounts
- Projects including expansion of associations, recognition of potential, acquisition of new customers
- Development and expansion of the retail, specialist and wholesale business acquisition of new customers through regular field service trips
- Development of new sales channels
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- Calculation of conditions, preparation of offers and presentations
- Close cooperation with marketing & production management
- Planning & participation in trade fairs and exhibitions
- Possess driving licence
- Fluent in German and high proficiency in English
- Several years of experience in sales of commercial products
- Hunter mentality: Emphatic, success-oriented, stress-resistant and a high degree of initiative and organisational skills
- Sound understanding of coffee as a whole (roasting, brewing, serving, selling)
- Desire to build - community, revenue, profitability, knowledge.
- A degree of flexibility in schedule (sometimes our partners need a hand at odd hours)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Advocate for positive change.
- Free coffee (of course)
- Car & petrol allowance
- Smartphone and work number
- Once trained, a high degree of autonomy
- Working very closely with Managing Director on business growth
- Travel opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Good vibes & positive change
HOW TO APPLY
- Please send a one page cover letter and your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to email@example.com
- Applicants who are not authorized to work in Germany are unable to be considered for the position